At Payhawk we try to simplify your pre-accounting processes as much as we can and that’s why we created the Xero direct export. Please see below the steps to sync your Payhawk and Xero accounts:
- Log into your web account
- Go to the Settings tab
- On the left menu click Integrations
- Select XERO icon and click on it
- Xero login page opens and you can include your Xero credentials
- Click on the XERO connected icon on the 3 dots and select Synchronize Chart of accounts
- This step enables Payhawk to pull all expense accounting codes from Xero. In the Categories tab, you can then create expense categories and link them to the appropriate accounting codes.
- Click on the XERO connected icon on the 3 dots and select Synchronize Bank accounts
- This step enables Payhawk to pull all bank accounts that you have linked to Xero. When you check payment as paid, you can directly select the bank account used for it.
Please take into account:
- Before the first export to Xero, you should sync the Chart of accounts and assign account codes to your expense categories.
- If an expense category is linked to an accounting code that is not synced with Xero, then we assign the expense to the default General category of Xero.
- Your Payhawk currency accounts will automatically be setup in Xero, once you have an exportable expense in the one currency and this currency does not exist in Xero already. So once you have at least one exportable expense in EUR, USD and GBP, you will be able to see your three Payhawk currency accounts in Xero.
- A new export overwrites the old data in Xero. Hence, if you export a document that was already exported, the new version overwrites the old one.
- If the company has more than one currency in Payhawk and pays for a single currency Xeroversion then we cannot export the expense data to Xero.
More questions? Feel free to ping us on Intercom.