Now that you are ready with your Payhawk and Xero accounts sync you can see below what kind of information is exported to your Xero account.
Please remember that with the first export from Payhawk to Xero, we automatically create bank accounts for your Payhawk currency wallets (if there is an exportable expense ready in your Payhawk account). All card expenses, as well as all wallet loading transfers, can be seen in the bank tab in Xero.
Which expense types Payhawk exports to Xero?
- Card expenses: for accounting reasons, we export only settled card payments. Hence, if the payment has been authorized but not settled, we will not export it. Depending on the merchant, it could take up to 14 days for a payment to be settled
- Cash expenses: are exported as paid Bills in Xero
- Reimbursable expenses: are exported as Bills to pay in Xero. If you have filled out the payment information for this reimbursable expense, it will be exported as paid Bill in Xero
- Bank expenses: are exported as Bills to pay in Xero. If you have filled out the payment information for this reimbursable expense, it will be exported as paid Bill in Xero
Which data fields Payhawk exports to Xero?
- Supplier: if the supplier is not in Xero, we create a new contact automatically
- Document number
- Document date
- Due date: for all bank expenses Payhawk exports the due date. If there is no due date entered, it assumes a date. The DueDate is needed for approval in XERO
- Note: the cardholder's explanatory note for the expense is shown in the Description field of the expense in Xero
- Tax amount: the tax amount is calculated automatically by Xero. The calculation is based on the tax percentage the customer has assigned to this account code in Xero. IMPORTANT: we show the sub-total amount inclusive the tax. Hence, sub-total and total are equal.
After an expense is approved in Xero, you can see the real sub-total (total - tax) and tax amounts.
- Document image
More questions? Feel free to ping us on Intercom.